Developed A Unified Employee Data Flow Platform to Help Realtors Boost Their Internal Processes.
Industry: Mortgage, Financial Services, Real Estate
Technologies Used: MS Azure DevOps, Key Vault, DataFactory, Azure Functions, and App Insights, React, Typescript, Terraform, AWS S3 bucket, Azure Blob storage, Azure APIM, Azure Active Directory, REST API(s), GraphQL, CosmosDB
Our client is one of the mortgage industry’s leaders and is committed to advising customers across the United States on mortgage payment delinquencies. Their trusted loan officers are dedicated to providing highly personalized service and assisting borrowers all through the loan process.
The customer contacted TechRBM for help with assessing and improving employee data flow and creating a unified API platform that acts as a source of truth for all kinds of applications across the organization.
The main issue with the system was that the most critical information flowing across the company’s multiple departments (for example, HR, CRM Data, Consumer Access Data, Encompass, Licensing, and so on) should be consistent. Each department brought its own version of the data. This results in data redundancy as well as inconsistency. The client required a platform for exchanging the same set of data.
The information did not come from a single source, and each set of sources contained its own set of data fields. The client wanted standard data to ensure that the information provided was accurate and accessible only to authorized parties.
The clients needed the system to be able to monitor and maintain proper logs of the information that is exchanged across the platform and among users.
The client required a low-cost solution to improve data security and lower the risk of data loss. Furthermore, all data must be backed up on a regular basis.
Data is transferred across the platform. The client wishes to host it on a cloud platform so that it is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and not only on desktops but also on mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- Compiling related data from different sources. Data was collected from multiple sources with more than 15K fields and stored in a single no sql database
- Keeping the data up to date. It is necessary to run a scheduler at regular intervals in order to fetch the massive volume of data and make it available to all internal stakeholders
- Providing a single source of truth to all departments so that the data models do not change from one department to another. The challenge was to save aggregated data from various sources so that a unified set of information could be made available to all channels.
- Created Azure Functions and Data Factory Pipelines for extracting data from different sources and transforming it based on the enterprise data models.
- Stored data from different sources in the respective containers in Azure COSMOS DB.
- Created Jobs for keeping the data up to date.
- Created a robust set of GRAPHQL APIs to expose the data to the authorized clients.
- The data includes HR, Loan Officers, Licenses information etc.
- The consumer applications do not need to bother on building API(s) for the data they need
- There is one centralized source of truth which makes communication across different departments smooth..
- Time and effort have been greatly reduced in managing data information.
- Data version control decreased data redundancy and accuracy.
- Using a single data exchange helped them save money.
- The data is always accessible and available to users thanks to mobile apps (ios and android).
- Data availability is scheduled and synchronized.